Wednesday, November 9

Nicolas "Nico" Jaar - New EP



Hey again guys! Once again, it has been quite a while since my last post, (the one on Rustie's amazing Glass Swords) but I'm back! This was supposed to be a NERO post because I just saw them live last week and it was incredible, but since it wasn't going to include any very recent material I decided against it. So, if you haven't already, meet Nico Jaar! A f*cking genius of sorts at only 21. He just released his newest, and quite minimal EP, Don't Break My Love for free on his Soundcloud! It contains two masterfully crafted songs; masterfully crafted out of synths, warm fuzz & noise, percussion of all kinds, and fragile but exquisitely executed vocals. Just by listening to the first minute of Why Didn't You Save Me, you can tell Nico's influences come from a range of musical sources. And to be honest, I couldn't tell you what all of them are, but I can tell you that it doesn't matter to know. Just listen to Nico's songs and you'll see why. His compositions are so organic and purposeful that they seem to emerge from you speakers bit by bit as if the song is making up itself in real time. Not sure if that made much sense but whatever, you get the idea, it's good shit. I'll stop now, but be sure to check his debut album too, Space is Only Noise. Now sit back and enjoy Nico's style.

Don't Break My Love EP

NICOLAS JAAR / Don't break my love EP by Clown & Sunset

And some of his more upbeat, older, and house-ier stuff:


Nicolas Jaar Stay in love


Nicolas Jaar Mi Mujer


Cheers!

~MAR

No comments:

Post a Comment